Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today we are taking a break from SERIOUSNESS! No planning chat or anything else to deep, just a brief overview of a typical day. I usually get up around 5:30 AM. It's an old habit I have yet to break. I make coffee and then retire to the television news. I drink one cup of java while gettting my fill of media crap and then around 6:00 AM I go upstairs and wake my wife. (by thee way, going up stairs everyday at a quick pace is my way of staying in shape) So then my wife and I have coffe and I tell her about the news and weather and then we talk about our plans for the day(easy for me). She is a teacher so she does most of the talking. After coffee she does yoga while I get her breakfast ready and let the dog (my Maggie) out to see if it is safe. She will yoga and shower and I will deliver breakfast and then I go to town to attend daily Mass. I don't make it every day, but I try and go most days because it gives me a chance to reflect and focus. Mass through the week is held at the local hospital chapel(the hospital was started by a Catholic order of nuns) and it is small and cozy for lack of a better description. Anyway, after Mass I go to a local restaurant owned by friends of mine and have breakfast. After that I either run some early morning errands or go home. Once I get home Maggie is ready for a walk. We usually go out into the surrounding countryside and walk for an hour. Sometimes we drive to town (about 4 miles) and walk at the walk trail by the river. When we get home I feed her and then get on the computer for some fun ( I love to play Snood) or to surf a little. By then it is close to lunch time and I may or may not eat. I am not a big fan of lunch. If I don't eat I will drink a beer or two. (I am a big fan of beer). After lunch I usually plan on a trip out either to town and visit someone, or go see my brother(he lives about 10 minutes away) or just to mosey through and then drive through the country on home. Once I'm home (depending on the time) I either listen to some music, play a game, watch a movie, read a book, or plan supper. At any rate I end up planning supper in a very relaxed atmosphere (glass of wine, good music) and preparing it so that supper is ready by 5:30 or 6:00PM. After dinner I clean up, get something to drink, and crash in front of the television until bedtime. Whew! I'm worn out just talking about it. See you tomorrow! If there is one.....

1 comment: